The mission of the Historic Gloria Dei Preservation Corporation is to:
- Preserve, restore, renew, and maintain the historic Gloria Dei (Old Swedes) Church Philadelphia buildings and grounds, including:
- Setting a long range restoration plan and providing preliminary research
- Fundraising to provide financial resources for the restoration plan and providing preliminary research
- Oversee restoration and maintenance work over a long range period
- Nurture and support efforts to improve the quality of urban life
- Maintaining a space in which service, support, and other groups can function comfortably
- Maintain a sanctuary, or safe place where people can be heard and can find support.
- Encourage creative and performing arts that enrich the community.
The HGDPC is a public benefit corporation organized exclusively for public and charitable purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Corporation is incorporated under Pennsylvania’s Nonprofit Corporation Law of 1988, as amended, exclusively for charitable purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Law (hereinafter referred to as the “Code”), including in particular to: The Foundation mission is to fund, support, and supervise the restoration, renovation, and ongoing maintenance of the Gloria Dei (Old Swedes’) Church buildings and grounds so that future generations may share in this historic and architectural treasure.